Resolving Basic IP Phone Connectivity Issues
Check the physical connections.
These include the power cables and ethernet cables.
- Ensure that the cables fit into the correct ports on the IP Phone and in the wall jack
- Check if the wires are not broken on both ends
- Replace the ethernet cable and power cable
(On the IP phone, the Ethernet cable should be connected to the LAN port.)
Restart your network devices
Unplug the power cable from your IP Phone, and then plug the power back.
Replace the IP Phone
Replacing the IP phone to see if this helps the issue
If the steps above do not resolve your issue, below are additional steps that will help in troubleshooting your IP phone issue:
1. Can you dial out to an external line?
2. Does your phone keep restarting?
3. Is there an extension on the display?
4. Are you getting any errors?
Check to see if your phone is getting an IP Address
To find out the IP address of your Polycom phone follow these steps:
1. On a Polycom phone press the Menu Button
2. Scroll to the Status… menu item and press Select
3. Scroll to the Platform… menu item and press Select
4. Scroll to the Phone… menu item and press Select
5. Scroll down to see your phone IP address on the screen. Will be formatted like this: IP: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
If your phone is still having issues, please reach out to Crosslayer Support:
You have 4 ways to reach your Concierge Team and additional support information
1. Online - Submit a support request to your Concierge Team from our Concierge Lounge online athttps://crosslayer.ladesk.com or the Crosslayer portal.
2. Chat (requires login) - Submit a chat request to your Concierge Team from our Concierge Lounge online athttps://crosslayer.ladesk.com or from the Crosslayer portal.
3. Phone - You can reach your personal Concierge Team by phone at: 646-868-6244
4. Email - You can open a support request by emailing email@example.com